2 min read ·
When we posted our under construction in 2015 blog post this time last year, we wrote that every time we walk through or drive by North Hills, there’s another building, storefront or restaurant springing to life! In 2016, it is no different!
In fact, we may even have more going on. For that reason, we’re splitting this trending post into two parts — this week we’re focusing on retail and residential, and in two weeks we’ll focus on office and hotel.
Paper Source: This national purveyor of specialty paper, invitations, craft supplies, and gifts will take up 2,900 SF of space in the Main District across from Starbucks and near Lou & Grey and Fink’s.
The Capital Grille: This elegant steakhouse needs no introduction. They are known for great steaks, seafood, fresh ingredients, and award-winning wines. Look for this delicious new restaurant to encompass 8,000 SF in the base of the Bank of America Tower.
Quail Ridge Books: One of Raleigh’s award-winning and oldest independent bookstores, Quail Ridge, will relocate from Ridgewood Shopping Center to our Lassiter District with over 7,500 SF of space!
Cariloha: Also joining us in the Lassiter District is Cariloha, a Caribbean and Hawaiian-inspired resort wear boutique that also carries lifestyle products made of all-natural bamboo.
Smoothie King: If you’re looking for smoothies, vitamins, supplements, and healthy snacks, Smoothie King will open in the Main District near Fitness Connection.
The Dartmouth: This brand new apartment community located in the Park District on the corner of Dartmouth and St. Albans, will open this summer (first residents in July of 2016). This five level residential community will have 171 units (studios, one-, two-, and three-bedrooms) on top of two levels of residential-only parking.
- Google Fiber wiring,
- Nest thermostats,
- Concierge service program including dry cleaning, dog walking, and personal training coordination,
- Numerous cozy lounge, study, and work spaces,
- Fully-equipped fitness and yoga studios,
- Outdoor courtyard with saline pool, outdoor TV lounge, grills, and a fire pit,
- And more!
Park Central: Construction on our most advanced mixed-use projects yet began in late 2015. This 285-unit apartment community is across Midtown Park from Midtown Green and will feature both mid-rise and high-rise units. In addition, Park Central will have 36,000 SF of retail space. Look for this community to open in 2017.
- Floor-to-ceiling windows with views of Midtown and Downtown
- Dedicated full-time concierge
- 3 resident-only outdoor courtyards
- 8,000 SF of resident-only outdoor amenity space that features an expansive saltwater pool deck with outdoor kitchen, fireplace, and TV lounge
Cardinal at North Hills: If you’ve driven by the Park District recently, you’ve certainly noticed the cranes and growing buildings. This full-service Continuing Care Retirement Community will open this fall.
- Mix of independent living, assisted living, memory care, and skilled nursing care
- One-, two-, and three-bedroom floor plans
- Multiple dining venues, with healthy chef-prepared choices
- Bar and lounge area
- Wellness and fitness center
- Spa and indoor pool
- Social and recreational programs
And this is just the beginning for all that is to come in 2016! In our next trending post we will focus on growth in office and hotel.