3 min read ·
Spring is here, and we know that means you’re more than ready for music to start filling the air at North Hills. Next month is our big kickoff for two of our most popular series, but you shouldn’t have to wait until then to find out what’s in store. Here’s the first of a two-part preview of all that you have to look forward to with the North Hills 2015 Music Season.
The Midtown Music Fest has been rescheduled to June 7 at Midtown Park with the following bands and musicians:
- Jason Adamo – A Raleigh-based soul/rock singer songwriter who has toured all over the U.S. 2:00 – 3:30 p.m.
- Four Founders – A Raleigh-based band with a sound that blends multiple genres as it performs original music and unique covers. 4:00 – 5:30 p.m.
- American Aquarium – A Raleigh-based band that was recently listed among Rolling Stone’s 10 New Country Artists You Need to Know! 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Midtown Music Fest is presented by Big Boss Brewing, and sponsored in part by Altos and Absolut.
The 2015 Beach Music series will run from 6–9 p.m. on Thursday nights from April 23 – August 6 featuring the following bands and musicians:
- The Embers featuring Craig Woolard – It’s only right that the North Hills Beach Music series be kicked off by the legends themselves… The Embers featuring Craig Woolard.
- Liquid Pleasure – Liquid Pleasure is the iconic dance and show band that set the stage for all others with greats like Chuck Berry, Eddie Floyd, Ben E. King, The Four Tops, The Temptations, and Aretha Franklin.
- North Tower – A wide-ranging repertoire that covers oldies, beach music, top 40 and funk has made North Tower a popular party band throughout the South.
- Jim Quick & Coastline – Having originated by playing the Carolina beach bars, Jim Quick & Coastline have proven themselves to be multi-generational favorites.
- Band of Oz – This longtime Raleigh band (they’ve been playing since 1967!) is a favorite throughout the Southeast, especially when it comes to beach concerts in the Carolinas, Virginia, and Georgia.
- Fantastic Shakers – While the Fantastic Shakers have been around since 1978, their music and concerts are anything but old school. An icon of the beach music scene, their concerts are as fun as their music is great.
- Holiday Band – This Burlington-based group blends soul, blues, funk, and Carolina Beach music for a sound you don’t want to miss.
- Entertainers – The Entertainers are known throughout the Southeast for their regional smash hit “Living for the Summer.” If you love beach music, you’re sure to love them.
- Hip Pocket Band – If you’re coming to hear The Hip Pocket Band, you’d better come ready to have a good time. This band certainly offers something for everyone.
- Legacy Motown Revue – The Legacy Motown Revue takes you back in time to the days of The Drifters, The Coasters, The Jacksons, and The Temptations. Find out how this band is carrying on the soul music legacy by clicking on the link above.
- Too Much Sylvia – Too Much Sylvia fits right in with the Beach Music lineup with their easy but fun style and their ability to play almost anything.
- Steven Owens and Summertime – Steven Owens and Summertime will have you dancing into the weekend with an evening you won’t soon forget. It’s no surprise that this band received nominations in nine different categories for the 2014 Carolina Beach Music Awards.
- The Tams – Of course, what would a Beach Music series be without The Tams, a legend in their own right? Entertaining audiences for over 50 years with hits such as “Be Young, Be Foolish, Be Happy,” “What Kind of Fool,” and “I’ve Been Hurt,” they’ve had several gold records and one platinum single.
April 23 – The Embers Featuring Craig Woolard
April 30 – Liquid Pleasure
May 7 – North Tower
May 14 – Jim Quick and Coastline
May 21 – Band of Oz
May 28 – Fantastic Shakers
June 4 – Holiday Band
June 11 – Entertainers
June 18 – Hip Pocket
June 25 – Legacy Motown Revue
July 2 – Too Much Sylvia
July 9 – Steve Owens and Summertime
July 16 – The Tams
July 23 – Liquid Pleasure
July 30 – Band of Oz
August 6 – The Embers Featuring Craig Woolard
The Beach Music series is sponsored by WRAL.com and Bud Light.
There’s much more on tap at North Hills this year with the Midtown Bluegrass Music Series, “Kickin’ It Country ~ A Southern State of Mind” and of course, Friday Night Tributes. Our preview continues in April with more on how we’ll be stepping it up a notch with something new as well as your favorites in 2015.