3 min read ·
There’s no doubt about it. We’re as ready for spring at North Hills as you are! Why is that? Because this month kicks off two of our most popular music series, and we can’t wait to share who will be taking the stage this year. In fact, that’s why we’re letting you in on all that you have to look forward to with the North Hills 2015 Music Season.
The 2015 Midtown Bluegrass Music Series will be held at Midtown Park from 4:00 – 7:00 p.m. on the third Thursday of the month from April 19 – October 18 featuring the following bands and musicians:
- The Snyder Family Band – The Snyder Family Band features — you guessed it — members of the Snyder Family from Lexington, NC. Their family-friendly music is a combination of bluegrass, southern rock, blues, Texas swing, and newgrass and appeals to all ages and audiences.
- The Vickie Vaughn Band – This young band from Nashville, TN, is quickly proving why it’s one to watch among the up-and-coming bluegrass acts. It will be easy to see why the band was nominated for the 2014 International Bluegrass Music Association (IBMA) Momentum Award for Band of the Year when you catch them at North Hills this spring.
- The Bankesters – The Bankesters are doing it their way by combining country, folk, bluegrass, and gospel into their own unique sound. We can’t wait to share them with you as part of our 2015 lineup.
- Flatt Lonesome – Flatt Lonesome is a young, new group that’s quickly making its mark on the bluegrass scene. Named as the Emerging Artist of the Year by the International Bluegrass Music Association (IBMA) in 2014, we are honored to have them performing at North Hills this year.
- Billy Strings & Don Julin – Watching guitarist and singer Billy Strings and mandolinist Don Julin perform is pure entertainment. With an intense performance style and sound, they take bluegrass to a whole new level and back in time all during the same show.
- Frank Solivan & Dirty Kitchen – To say Frank Solivan & Dirty Kitchen are hot right now would be an understatement. Following up their 2015 Grammy nomination for Best Bluegrass Album with an eight-award sweep at the 2015 Washington Area Music Awards, the fact that they were the International Bluegrass Music Association’s 2014 Instrumental Group of the Year seems almost outdated.
April 19 – The Snyder Family Band
May 17 – The Vickie Vaughn Band
June 21 – The Bankesters
August 16 – Flatt Lonesome
September 20 – Billy Strings & Don Julin
October 18 – Frank Solivan & Dirty Kitchen
The Midtown Bluegrass Music Series is presented by PNC and sponsored in part by Bud Light and in partnership with Pinecone, which is dedicated to preserving, presenting, and promoting traditional music, dance, and other folk performing arts.
“Kickin’ It Country ~ A Southern State of Mind” is the inaugural country music event for North Hills and will be held at Midtown Park from 4:00 – 9:00 p.m. on June 6.
- Blake Kearney Band – One of the most sought after country music bands in North Carolina, their energetic performance style has made them popular throughout the Southeast.
- Spare Change – Based in LaGrange, NC, Spare Change travels throughout the Southeast and has become one of the most sought after bands in the market. Through unique instruments such as the mandolin and violin, they bring a fresh sound and energy to their music while playing favorites that any country music lover will recognize.
Kickin’ It Country ~ A Southern State of Mind is presented by Bone Suckin’ Sauce and supported by Carolina Gunrunners, Absolut Vodka, and Jameson Irish Whiskey.
Another North Hills music series favorite, Friday Night Tributes, will begin in August and go through October. Be sure and check back in the coming months for a preview of the local tribute bands that will be performing during these popular shows. We promise — it will be worth the wait!