2 min read ·
North Hills Kids Virtual & At-Home Activities
Now, more than ever, it is important to keep our children engaged and stimulated as we all work through this period of uncertainty. North Hills Kids, presented by Wells Orthodontics, is here to help! We’ll be releasing weekly blog posts with ways your children can still benefit from programming, even if it is virtual! When we all work to #stayhome, we can move closer toward gathering outside together very soon!
In this week’s lesson plan, we bring you ways to have your little ones become spell casting wizards in the comfort of their own home!
Wizarding World provides all materials online to help start your journey to become a wizard. This resource has everything from a guide for “first time Potter readers” to quizzes that determine which Hogwarts House you would be in. Already a Harry Potter expert? Test your knowledge of spells, wizards, witches, and facts with their long list of quizzes and features.
Love Potion Lava Lamp
- Tall Glass Jar (ex. mason jar)
- Vegetable Oil
- Filtered Water
- Red Food Coloring
- Heart Glitter
- Antacid Tablets (ex. Alka-Seltzer Tablets, Tums will not work)
- Fill about 1/3 of the jar with water. Add vegetable oil leaving some room at the top so the potion doesn’t bubble over.
- Add a few drops of red food coloring. Add a tablet or two of Alka-Seltzer and watch the red bubbles float to the top. The more you add, the more fizzy the potion.
- Add glitter along with another tablet or two of Alka-Seltzer and watch the red hearts float to the top!
Glow in the Dark Magic Potion
Make your own glow in the dark tower from home! Click here for a full list of instructions and ingredients needed for this magic potion.
No wizard is complete without a wand! Create your own magic wand with items from around your house:
- Hot Glue Gun
- A Nature Item – mini pinecone, stone, shell, acorn
- Assorted Paint Colors
Paint your nature item and hot glue to the top of the chopstick. After letting it dry, design the rest of your wand to make it uniquely yours!
Since you’ve found out which house you have been accepted into, click here to make your own Harry Potter house bookmark!
Extra Weekly Activity
Each week, we will be ending with our top pick for an activity to keep your little ones engaged! This week, we are featuring Goodnight With Dolly. Tune in weekly to hear Dolly Parton read a bedtime story to you and your family!
North Hills Kids is presented by: