About Quail Ridge Books for Hire
Booksellers wanted. 20 – 40 hours/week. Need people who love to read, can run a register, carry boxes and move furniture. Schedule varies – a combination of days, evenings, and weekends. Apply in person before 4 pm.
Institutional Sales Team Manager – The institutional sales department works with schools, businesses and organizations to fulfill their book needs. They also handle authors in schools, outside sales, and bookfairs. The ideal candidate would be a solution-oriented leader with good communication and organizational skills, who has the ability to think creatively and who loves people and books.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
– Insuring the highest level of customer service and hospitality.
– Hiring and training staff.
– Taking responsibility for seeing that customers’ orders are processed quickly and accurately.
– Marketing the store to potential customers.
– Working with the children’s department on bookfair selection.
– Working with the bookkeeper on collecting payments, and sorting, filing, tracking and insuring accuracy of invoices, credits, and all accounting issues that relate to institutional sales
– Reporting to general manager.
Technology Support Assistant. Combination of part-time tech assistant and part-time floor bookseller. Responsible for assisting with support of all computers, phone and other tech systems. Also setting up sound and computer equipment for store events. Email email@example.com or apply in person before 4 pm.